Call Now

(800) 497-6796

Tell us about your legal issue

Please complete the information below and briefly describe your legal problem. My office will contact you to assist you in your time of need.
* = required


Frequently Asked Questions

General Information

Q: Why should I have a lawyer?
It's very important for you to be represented by an attorney. More than likely the other side has an attorney and you must be prepared with your own attorney who has the knowledge and experience to get you the best results.
Q: I can't afford an attorney. Do you offer a payment plan?
Yes, we do offer payment plans. We understand the economy is not the best at the moment so we're flexible when it comes to financial arrangements. Call now for a free initial consultation.
Q: When should I get an attorney?
Usually right before you feel that you have to get an attorney. The sooner we are involved and aware of the facts of your case, the better we can serve you. If you are ever contacted by the police, arrested, or believe you may be arrested, don't delay, call us rightaway.
Q: What kind of cases do you handle?
A: We believe in serving the greater need of the general public. For this reason we handle Criminal and Family cases and legal issues.
Q: When are you available?
To accommodate the schedule demands of our clients, we provide very flexible hours by appointments. Have it be very early in the morning or late in the evening, we're here for you..
Q: Have you always practiced law in Texas?
We're proud to say we're a Texas law firm. Based in San Antonio, Texas, George B. Dombart has practiced law in State and Federal Court..
Q: Do you provide free consultations?
Every case is different and we understand the risk that you take in finding that right attorney you feel comfortable with. This is why we do provide a free initial consultation.
Q: My friend might need an attorney, can I talk to you about it?
Feel free to speak to us about the possibility of handling your friend's case. But to better serve your friend, please have him or her schedule a free initial consultation with us. This way we can be aware of all the details related to the case and better serve your friend.
Q: I’ve been falsely accused. I’m innocent so do I still need an attorney?
Yes, because a judgment is the final result of how the evidence is interpreted. The evidence can be misleading or misinterpreted by prosecutors. You need to have your own legal expert to defend you and protect your rights.

DWI - Driving While Intoxicated

Q: What are some signs of intoxication that officers and state troopers look for?
  • "Weaving" between or within lanes
  • Suddenly swerving for no apparent reason
  • Unnecessarily or unsafely wide turns
  • Narrowly missing hitting a fixed object or another vehicle
  • Making jerky stops, or stops too far or too close to the target
  • Gaining or losing speed quickly for no apparent reason
  • Driving in the wrong direction for the lane or the street
  • An unusually slow reaction to traffic lights and signs
  • Ignoring or responding too slowly to police directions
  • Sudden stops not prompted by any obvious need
  • Driving without headlights at night
  • Not signaling turns, or a signal that's wrong for the turn being made
  • Driving on the sidewalk, shoulder or other inappropriate place
  • Littering, yelling or leaning out the window
  • Problems with equipment, such as burned-out lights or a missing license place
  • Driving after registration has expired
  • Driving too slow for conditions or slower than the prevailing speed of traffic
Q: What signs do they look for after I'm pulled over?
  • Problems with hand-eye coordination when handling license, insurance or vehicle controls
  • Problems getting out of the car or truck
  • Repeating statements or questions
  • Problems with balance or steadiness
  • Using the car or another object to stand upright
  • Inability to speak clearly
  • Not responding to the officer or asking the officer to repeat questions
  • Inconsistent or false answers to the officer's questions
  • A smell of alcohol from the driver
Q: How many drinks before I'm legally intoxicated?
BAC Chart
Q: Why shouldn't I just plead guilty if I failed the breath test?
Many factors can contribute to a defense against a breath test. In fact, the indicated BAC can vary depending on what part of your exhale was measured. Even if you fail a breath test, make sure to contact us for a free initial consultation.
Q: Why did the officer say I refused the breath test when I didn't?
Police officers can reference the inability to take a breath test for any reason or taking too long during the administrationo f the test as a refusal. If you're accused of denying a breath test, don't worry, this might be a strong point to your defense. Make sure to contact us for a free initial consultation if this happened.
Q: If I was in an auto accident where someone was injured and I was arrested for DWI, what will happen to me?
It's a felony in Texas when an intoxicated person, simply by accident or mistake, causes serious bodily injury to another while operating a car, a boat or an airplane in a public place. "Serious bodily injury" means injury that creates a substantial risk of death, or that causes serious permanent disfigurement, protracted loss of bodily functions or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ. The punishment is two to 10 years in prison, and a fine of up to $10,000. We can help, but contact our office as soon as possible.
Q: What can I do if I'm faced with Intoxicated Assault?
You should contact us immediately. In this type of case, the prosecution must prove you were driving while intoxicated before they can get a conviction for intoxication assault. Also, because DWI is a “lesser included offense” for intoxication assault, an experienced lawyer may be able to get the charge reduced. Call our office to learn more.
Q: For how long can I go to prison for this kind of offense?
Texas law gives a range of two to 10 years in prison for intoxication assault. However, probation is a common sentence for less serious offenses. Defendants who do go to prison are eligible for parole after serving some portion of the sentence, but if the judge believes the vehicle was a “deadly weapon,” they must serve at least one-half of their sentences before they can be paroled.
Q: What is intoxicated manslaughter?
Intoxication manslaughter is charged when an intoxicated person causes a death while operating a car, boat or airplane in a public place. It is a felony crime carrying two to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000. The judge may choose to grant probation.
Q: What can I do if I'm charged with intoxicated manslaughter?
Similar to intoxicated assault, you must hire an attorney immediately. The main reason is that the state must first prove you were driving while intoxicated before an intoxication assault conviction is possible. An experienced lawyer may be able to obtain a reduction of the charge.